I keep being reminded of all the reasons I frickin' love Knoxville Tennessee.
December's a good month to show some love so here it is. Here is the love.
1. National Performance Network is hosting their annual meeting here. It's at the historic Bijou Theatre. www.npnweb.org/site/annualmeeting2009. It's being hosted by the Carpetbag Theatre December 10 - 14.
2. Glowing Body's Free Day of Yoga on December 6. Free yoga all day long and discounts on all merchandise. There's also an incredible box of food you can purchase weekly to help your tastebuds, your health and your waistline. My best friend owns this and she's not paying me to include this. That's love. www.glowingbody.net
3. Carpe Librum - Independent Bookseller extraordinaire. If they had wireless and hot drinks, I'd move in. www.carpelibrum.booksense.com.
4. Alex Lavidge and Knoxville Overground. Alex came home for a spell to wrestle a bunch of entrepreneurs into a focused effort. Now he's off writing a book in NC but he's a hometown boy and is up for leading the way. www.knoxvilleoverground.com
5. First Night Knoxville. Downtown will be inhabited with over 200 artists in 10 venues on New Year's Eve. It's produced by the Market Square District Association (who presently employees me). This isn't nepotism. It's love. www.firstnightknoxville.com
6. Speaking of love, MSDA also got the bandwagon moving for First Friday's in Knoxville. December 4 will mark this month's First Friday. This means a Santa Parade, Downtown Gallery Walk but most importantly the monthly cupcake tasting at Magpies Cakes. www.magpiescakes.com. Don't be a fool.
7. Film maker Paul Harrill now lives outside of Roanoake VA but he makes the majority of his movies in happy go lucky Knoxville. He and his film maker wife have goats and chickens to keep them honest. www.lovellfilms.com
8. Jill Andrews lives here. www.jillandrews.com
9. Rachel Travis is a friend, a new mom and a innovative artist. She does children's illustrations and pet portraits. They are beautiful and you couldn't find a sweeter gal. www.boxiepets.com or www.rachelbtravis.com
10. Last but not least, the Actors Co-op ~ founded by yours truly, but this is about what I love and it's my blog so it's here and I love it. Call it nepotism if you want but believe me, I'm not paying myself to say it. We are performing in the Holiday Show with Christabel and the Jons on December 19 at the Square Room. www.actorscoop.net
This is the first of many Top Ten's before 2010. Check it out. Show it some love.